Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Domestic Safari

Happy October!

I am so glad it is finally October. The official month of fall. For some reason I crave the fall season. I love the ambiance of the leaves turning, the brisk mornings, chilly nights, and pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks (although my favorite is still Carmel Apple Cider the rest of the year). Halloween is coming and so are the rest of the holidays. It's the last stretch until the new year, without all the craziness of the frenzied holidays back to back to back. It always seems to hold such a promise of opportunity-October is perfect.
Here is an editorial photo shoot that I worked on at FIDM. The project here was to sell a high end lifestyle brand, ours being homeproduct; more specifically within the photo a l
ine of dishware. The goal here was to sell not only a line of product but a lifestyle. I came up with the tag line of "Domestic Safari" as a play on words with the domestic side of a home blended with the craziness of the jungle safari. It is not the typical style that I gravitate towards, however I feel that our group came up
with a strong look and successfully sold this product visually speaking. The original was in color, but due to some tweaking in photoshop, I cannot get the color image to come up correctly on the blog. Which doesn't make sense because it will come up fine when I print it. Either way, here is the black and white version. Here is a photo of the color version on my computer. Terrible quality, but it is so much stronger in color than black in white. This was a great experience. I have never styled a shoot for a lifestyle brand. It is a part of the styling niche, so it is good to be well rounded. Styling jobs are very difficult to obtain which I am finding out, so the more well rounded I can be all the better! Stay tuned, I have a photo shoot I am styling with a photographer friend of mine next Weds. So pictures will soon follow! Check out Katelin's blog and work as well, she is really talented.

http://journeyadventures.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment